Found it! The entrance of Tumnus' cave!

17 sep 2014

Turning my back

I became so tired of observing mankind that i turned my back on them.
Instead i walked through the forest looking for fauns and fairies but they too seem to have faded away. As if they  were just something of the dim and distant past, before the medieval times, where witches took a hold on solid Narnian ground.
As a result of this , i withdrew myself and searched for a cave to stay in during winter.
I gladly found shelter in a long deserted small cave. It as still furnished with a small bed,a stove and some chairs and a table to sit at.

On this there was lying seven  old scrolls with things written on them.
As i opened one of the scrolls suddenly a fire began to burn in the chimney at the back of the room.
As i was reading on a face was revealing itself through the flames.
It seemed to be saying something to me.
Dear Reepicheep, listen well to what i tell for no one ever heard these words.
Be the jester of this court, be the prophet of these woods be the fool for everybody to laugh about but be aware of the strength that will guide you.
I will make you the first speaking animal ever in Narnian history, to enter the great borders of this empire. You will be the first speaking animal that will see the great emperor face to face and live.
I also will give you the talent of using your mouth as a two edged sword.
For i have seen your struggle, i have felt your pain and i have ordained that you are worthy , above all other animals, to be the first.
As i finished listening to this voice the face disappeared from the flames and i found myself transfigured,almost glowing in this small dark cave but that also faded away soon.
I put the first scroll aside and was hesitating to start reading the second scroll and decided to wait till the next morning. It was getting pitch dark outside and it was time to close my eyes for a good night sleep.

Until i will wake up i'm under the eye.
Sleep tight and good night!






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Feel free to post your comments on these poems and this blog.